Keeps tracks of the changes we made per release and the impact on the system (if any).
1.0.7Nov 23 2011
- Fixed a filedescriptor leak in n2txd.
- Added iowait to graphable items.
- Fixed buggy behaviour on installations with a single monitored host.
- Browser compatibility and other fixes to n2view.
1.0.6Oct 28 2011
- Fixed a bug in n2rxd that would sometimes corrupt log entries at 0:00.
- Improved n2rxd's ability to deal with temporary hickups in i/o performance.
- Added n2ack command to acknowledge problems.
- The n2txd agent now also tracks the total amount of RAM and the total size of monitored disk partitions.
- New n2txd also tracks iowait% (can also trigger warnings/alerts).
- New RESTful backend for n2view.
- CPU usage of the n2view process has been lowered.
- New GUI.
- New n2logwrite tool to manually add a log entry to a host's event log.
- A monitor-group now automatically inherits all configuration flags from either defaults or a parent monitor-group, including the n2txd key.
1.0.4Oct 27 2010
- Minor CSS/HTML fixes in n2view (let us know if they break anything for you).
- Performance tweaks to n2rxd.
- Add Windows version of n2txd.
- Diskspace flags added.
- Added decodingerr flag to n2rxd/n2view.
- Added WARN-flags display to n2view overview pages.
1.0.3Nov 20 2009
- Security fix to n2view
- Minor fixes to n2.
1.0.2Aug 8 2009
- The n2view interface is now a bit wider, allowing for an extra column of information in the various lists and overviews.
- In the global overview mode, the number of hosts shown for a group now varies depending on the number of user-visible groups.
- Added support for authentication through an external website based on a random token and an external script.
- Fixed the sensitivity of various alert-triggers. More time will pass now before a host reaches the ALERT state, hopefully leading to a point where sending a notification message when a host reaches this level is always apropriate.
- When a host is STALE or DEAD and a new packet arrives, the state will not go through the INIT sequence now. The only time a host is now allowed to revert to INIT is if a reboot is detected.
- Added the n2passwd tool to add/modify accounts for the n2view interface.
- The main window now has a close button that logs the user out.
- The user will be redirected to a proper error message if the resolved list of IP addresses valid for the user does not contain any currently monitored hosts.
1.0.1Apr 28 2009
- This release adds a report tab to the n2view interface that shows performance hints based on a lua-based analysis framework.
- Host labels can now be resolved either through /var/state/n2/n2labels or through the n2resolve script.
1.0Apr 3 2009
- Initial OpenSource release of the n2 monitoring system.